What To Serve With Cajun Chicken Pasta (25 Yummy Sides)
Do you love Cajun chicken pasta? I know I do! It’s one of my favorite dishes. But what should you serve with it? That can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you’re not familiar with Cajun cuisine. I mean, I don’t know what goes well with Cajun food. But I’m determined to figure it out!
It wasn’t easy to find the perfect side dish for Cajun chicken pasta. So I did some research when I was in culinary school and I asked some experts. I also did a lot of trial and error until I finally found the perfect pairing.
So what goes well with Cajun chicken pasta? Read on to find out!
What To Serve With Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Roasted Vegetables
- Tomato Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Corn On The Cob
- Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Cajun Mashed Potatoes
- Cajun Potato Salad
- Smoky Black Eyed Peas
Roasted vegetables are a delicious, healthy, and easy side dish that goes great with Cajun Chicken Pasta. The key to perfect roasted vegetables is to make sure they’re all the same size so they cook evenly. To roast them, simply follow these easy steps:
- Slice the veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with olive oil and your favorite seasoning blend.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated oven until tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Roasted vegetables are packed with flavor and nutrients, and they add color, texture, and crunch to any meal. Plus, they’re extremely versatile – you can roast almost any vegetable you can think of.
Some of my favorites include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and zucchini. And while roasted vegetables are delicious on their own, they’re also great tossed with pasta or rice or served as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
Cajun Chicken Pasta is a great dish for a weeknight meal. It is hearty and filling but can be lightened up with a salad on the side. Tomato salad is the perfect complement to this dish. The acidity of the tomatoes helps to cut through the richness of the chicken and pasta, while the freshness of the herbs brightens up the flavors.
The best tomato salads have a mix of different types of tomatoes, so feel free to use whatever you have on hand. For a heartier salad, add some chopped onions or croutons. If you want to lighten things up even further, use balsamic vinegar instead of oil in the dressing.
While Cajun chicken pasta is delicious on its own, it can be even better with the addition of a fresh, light side dish. Fruit salad is the perfect choice to balance out the richness of the dish.
The sweetness of the fruit will contrast the spice of the dish, and the creamy dressing will complement the sauce. The salad can also be made in advance, so it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Important things to note when pairing fruit salad with Cajun chicken pasta:
- Be sure to use fresh, ripe fruit for the best flavor.
- Make sure to cut the fruit into small pieces so that it doesn’t overwhelm the other flavors in the dish.
- Avoid using overly sweet fruits like grapes or bananas, as they will overpower the other flavors in the salad.
There’s nothing like a big bowl of pasta to hit the spot. But what’s the best side dish to serve with it? If you’re making Cajun Chicken Pasta, I recommend breadsticks.
Breadsticks are essentially elongated pieces of bread that are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They’re usually seasoned with garlic and herbs, which makes them the perfect complement to the spicy Cajun chicken. Plus, they’re just so darn delicious!
Important things to note when pairing breadsticks with Cajun chicken pasta:
- They’re best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. If you’re not serving them immediately, reheat them for a few minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Breadsticks can be a bit messy, so make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand!
There are few things as satisfying as a big bowl of pasta, and when it’s Cajun Chicken Pasta, it’s even better. But what’s the best way to enjoy this delicious dish? With Croutons, of course!
Croutons are crispy, savory, and full of flavor, making them the perfect complement to the rich, creamy sauce of Cajun Chicken Pasta. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be tailored to your taste.
Just be sure to watch out for the pitfalls of using Croutons: they can be messy, greasy, and unhealthy if you’re not careful. But with a little bit of care, you can enjoy all the flavors of Croutons without any of the drawbacks.
Corn On The Cob
Corn on the cob is a delicious summer side dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of main courses. When it comes to pairing corn on the cob with other dishes, the options are limitless. However, corn on the cob is especially delicious when served with Cajun chicken pasta.
The sweetness of the corn pairs perfectly with the spicy Cajun flavors in the chicken pasta. Plus, the creamy pasta sauce provides a lovely contrast to the crunchy texture of the corn kernels.
Important things to note when pairing corn on the cob with Cajun chicken pasta:
- Be sure to select fresh, plump kernels for the best flavor and texture.
- Cook the corn just until tender – over-cooking will result in mushy corn.
- Don’t forget the butter! A little bit of butter melting into the hot corn is an essential part of this dish.
Sweet Potato Cornbread
Cajun chicken pasta is a wonderfully flavorful dish, but it can be quite heavy. A light and fluffy sweet potato cornbread is the perfect side to balance out the meal.
The sweetness of the cornbread pairs perfectly with the spiciness of the chicken, and the texture complements the creamy pasta beautifully. Plus, sweet potato cornbread is packed with nutrients and fiber, making it a healthy choice for any meal.
Just be sure to watch the sugar content in your cornbread mix, as too much sugar will make the bread overly sweet and detract from the flavors of the dish.
Cajun Mashed Potatoes
Cajun Mashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish for Cajun Chicken Pasta. They are packed with flavor and have a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the tender chicken and spicy pasta. The potatoes are also infused with herbs and spices that give them a kick of heat, making them the perfect complement to the rich and creamy sauce.
Important things to note when pairing Cajun mashed potatoes with Cajun chicken pasta:
- They can be very dense, so it is important to add enough milk or cream to achieve the desired consistency.
- The potatoes can absorb a lot of flavors, so be sure to season them generously.
- Cajun Mashed Potatoes can be made ahead of time and reheated, making them a convenient option for busy weeknights.
Cajun Potato Salad
Cajun Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for Cajun Chicken Pasta. The salad has a tangy, savory taste that complements the spices in the chicken pasta.
The salad is also creamy and thick, which helps to balance out the rich flavor of the pasta. Additionally, the potato salad is packed with nutrients and fiber, making it a healthy option for those watching their weight.
Important things to note when pairing Cajun potato salad with Cajun chicken pasta:
- Be sure to use red potatoes, as they hold their shape better than other varieties.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water to ensure that they are properly seasoned.
- Be sure to add plenty of Cajun seasoning to the dressing for a zesty flavor.
Smoky Black Eyed Peas
If you’re looking for a flavorful and nutrient-packed side dish to serve with Cajun Chicken Pasta, look no further than smoky black-eyed peas. This classic Southern dish is made with a delicious blend of spices, smoked paprika, and fresh herbs. The result is a hearty and satisfying dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Smoky black-eyed peas are the perfect complement to the rich flavors of Cajun chicken pasta. The smokiness of the peas pairs perfectly with the spice of the chicken, and the creamy texture of the beans helps to balance out the heat of the pasta sauce. Plus, black-eyed peas are an excellent source of protein and fiber, making them a healthy addition to any meal.
Important things to note when pairing smoky black-eyed peas with Cajun chicken pasta:
- Be sure to soak the beans overnight before cooking them. This will help to soften them and make them easier to digest.
- Add plenty of water when cooking the beans, as they will absorb a lot of liquid during cooking.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and spices – smoky black-eyed peas are very versatile and can be customized to suit your taste buds.
Related Questions When Choosing What To Serve With Cajun Chicken Pasta
What are other options when choosing what to serve with Cajun chicken pasta?
- Sauteed Garlic Spinach
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- Fried Okra
- Spicy Hasselback Potatoes
- Cajun Coleslaw
- Cheesy Spicy Corn Casserole
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Cajun Hush Puppies
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
- Slow Cooker Cajun Ham And Beans
- Cajun Corn Maque Choux
- Cajun Summer Vegetables
- Cajun Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sauteed Mushrooms
How do you reheat Cajun chicken pasta?
To reheat your Cajun chicken pasta, simply thaw it overnight in the fridge and then reheat it in a 350-degree-Fahrenheit oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fully warmed.
Can you reheat the pasta twice?
I suggest that you do NOT reheat your pasta more than once just to be cautious. But, technically speaking, you can safely reheat your leftovers even more than twice.
As you can see, there are a variety of delicious and healthy side dishes that you can serve with Cajun chicken pasta.
Each dish brings its unique flavor and nutrition to the table, so be sure to experiment until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
And don’t be scared to try out other options that aren’t here too. You may be surprised at what you come up with!