When you are planning your next get-together, what do you usually serve as the main dish? If chicken sausages are on the menu, what will be your side dish? Don’t worry – I have got you covered!
In this article, I will list a variety of recipes that will go well with their side dish counterpart. Whether you are looking for something simple or want to impress your guests with something more elaborate, I have got you covered.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
What To Serve With Chicken Sausages
- Potato Salad
- Baked Polenta With Parmesan Cheese
- Creamy Polenta
- Roasted Broccoli Rabe
- Apple Sauce
- Grilled Vegetables
- Rosemary And Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
- Potato Chips
- Baked Beans
If you’re looking for something new to try, potato salad is a great option. It’s versatile and can be used with a variety of different recipes. Plus, it has several benefits that make it a good choice for any meal.
One of the great things about potato salad is that it’s relatively low in calories. This makes it a good option if you’re trying to watch your weight or eat healthier in general. Potato salad is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium and vitamin C.
And since it’s made with potatoes, it’s naturally gluten-free, making it a good choice for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
Baked Polenta With Parmesan Cheese
Polenta is a dish that can be both a side dish or a main course. It is made of boiled cornmeal and often served with cheese and butter. Polenta can also be baked or fried. When used as a side dish, it pairs well with chicken sausages. This dish is easy to make and can be a healthy addition to any meal.
The benefits of using polenta as a side dish include its ability to absorb flavors, its versatility, and its nutrient content. Polenta is a good source of fiber and vitamins A, C, and E. It can also help to regulate blood sugar levels.
When choosing a recipe to use polenta as a side dish, look for ones that include healthy ingredients such as lean protein, vegetables, and whole grains. Be sure to pair the polenta with other foods that will complement its flavors and textures.
For example, grilled chicken sausages would go well with creamy polenta that has been flavored with herbs like rosemary or thyme. Serve the polenta alongside a simple salad of mixed greens for a complete meal.
Creamy polenta is a versatile and delicious side dish that pairs well with many different types of chicken sausages. Here are some benefits of using creamy polenta as a side dish for chicken sausages:
- Creamy polenta is packed with nutrients like fiber and protein, making it a healthier choice than other starch-based side dishes like mashed potatoes or rice.
- The creamy texture of polenta contrasts nicely with the crispy skin of chicken sausages, and the subtle corn flavor complements the sausage’s savory spices.
- Polenta is a quick and easy side dish to make, especially when you use pre-made polenta mix. Simply add water and milk to the mix, then cook on the stove until thickened.
- Creamy polenta can be made ahead of time and reheated, making it a great option for busy weeknight dinners.
Roasted Broccoli Rabe
Roasted Broccoli Rabe is a great side dish for chicken sausages. It is healthy and flavorful, and it goes well with a variety of other dishes. Here are some tips for using Roasted Broccoli Rabe as a side dish:
- Roasted Broccoli Rabe is a healthy side dish that is low in calories and fat. It is also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- It pairs well with chicken sausages. It can also be used as a side dish for other proteins such as fish, pork, or beef.
- When pairing it with chicken sausages, try to choose a recipe that has complementary flavors. For example, if the chicken sausage is spicy, you might want to pair it with a milder broccoli rabe.
- It can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve. It can also be served at room temperature.
- If you are looking for a heartier side dish, you can add almonds or Parmesan cheese to the roasted broccoli rabe.
Apple sauce is often thought of as simple food, best suited for children’s lunch boxes or afternoon snacks. However, it can also be a delicious and versatile side dish.
When paired with chicken sausages, apple sauce can help to balance out the savory flavors of the sausage while adding a touch of sweetness. It can also help to moisten the sausage, preventing it from drying out during cooking.
Best of all, apple sauce is extremely easy to prepare. Simply simmer apples in water until they are soft, then mash or puree them to your desired consistency.
Grilled vegetables make an excellent side dish for chicken sausages. There are many reasons to choose grilled vegetables as a side dish for chicken sausages.
- First, grilled vegetables add a great deal of flavor to the sausage. The sausage will absorb the flavors of the grill, and the result is a more flavorful and juicy sausage.
- Second, grilled vegetables add texture and visual interest to the dish. The sausage will be moist and tender, but the vegetables will add a crunchy contrast.
- Third, grilled vegetables are healthy. They are low in calories and fat, and they are a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Fourth, grilled vegetables are easy to prepare. Simply slice the vegetables into thin strips, brush with olive oil, and grill over medium heat until tender.
- Lastly, grilled vegetables go with just about anything. They are delicious with rice, pasta, or potatoes, and they can be used as a topping for salads or sandwiches.
Rosemary And Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
Have you ever had one of those days where you’re in the mood for something savory, but also want to keep it light? These Rosemary and Garlic Baked Potato Wedges are the perfect solution! They’re loaded with flavor but won’t weigh you down.
And they’re easy to make too! Just toss some potato wedges with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Then bake in a preheated oven until crispy. These wedges go great with chicken sausages, but would also be delicious with grilled chicken or fish. Plus, they’re a healthy option as well!
When it comes to side dishes, there are endless possibilities. But sometimes, you just want something quick and easy. That’s where potato chips come in. They are the perfect side dish for chicken sausages. Here’s why:
First, potato chips are a great source of carbohydrates. This is important because chicken sausages are mostly protein. The carbohydrates will help to balance out the meal and give you sustained energy.
Moreover, potato chips are extremely versatile. You can choose from a wide variety of flavors and textures. This means that you can find the perfect match for your chicken sausage recipe.
Also, potato chips are usually already cooked. This means that they will be ready to eat as soon as they hit the plate. No need to wait for them to cook though – they’re ready to go!
Coleslaw is a versatile side dish that can be used with many different main dishes. In particular, it is a great choice as a side dish for chicken sausages. There are several reasons for this.
- First of all, coleslaw provides a crunchy contrast to the sausage.
- Secondly, the vinegar in the coleslaw helps to cut through the fat in the sausage.
- Finally, the coleslaw can be customized to your taste – adding more or less vinegar, mayonnaise, or even some chopped fruit or nuts. As a result, coleslaw is an ideal side dish for chicken sausages. And best of all, it’s easy to make!
One delicious option for a side dish for chicken sausages is baked beans. Baked beans are rich in flavor and add a heartiness to any meal. They also happen to be an excellent source of protein and fiber, making them a nutritious addition to any meal.
When pairing baked beans with chicken sausages, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, choose a recipe for baked beans that will compliment the flavors of your chicken sausage.
- Second, consider how the textures of the two dishes will work together. Baked beans are typically soft and creamy, while the chicken sausage is firm and moist.
- Finally, keep an eye on the level of spice in your meal. Baked beans can be quite spicy, so if you’re using a mild chicken sausage, you may want to go easy on the seasoning.
Commonly Asked Questions When Choosing What To Serve With Chicken Sausages
What are other options when choosing what to serve with chicken sausages?
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Sauteed Peppers And Onions
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Orecchiette Pasta
- Gnocchi With Spinach
- Quinoa Casserole
- Pumpkin Pasta
- Israeli Couscous
- Black Bean Bake
What are some tips when choosing what to serve with chicken sausages?
When it comes to side dishes, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, think about what flavors will complement the chicken sausage.
- Second, consider the texture of the dish. You want something that will contrast with the chicken sausage, not match it.
- And finally, keep an eye on the level of spice. If you’re using a mild chicken sausage, you may want to go easy on the seasoning.
When it comes to what to serve with chicken sausages, the possibilities are endless. You can choose from a wide variety of side dishes that will complement the flavors and textures of your sausage.
Whether you’re looking for something healthy and nutritious or something quick and easy, we’ve got you covered. So get cooking and enjoy a delicious meal with your family and friends!