What Goes With Clams For Dinner: 25 Tasty Dinner Ideas To try
What goes with clams for dinner? This is a question that many people have, and it can be difficult to determine what to make. Clams are a seafood delicacy, and they are often served as the main course in a meal.
I remember the first time I had clams. It was at a seafood restaurant in Seattle, and I was with my parents. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was blown away by how delicious they were. Ever since then, I’ve been a big fan of clams, and I love experimenting with different dishes that include them.
It took some time for me to come up with this list of what goes with clams for dinner, but after a lot of research and trials and errors, I’m confident that you’ll find something on here that you’ll love. Let’s get started!
What Goes With Clams For Dinner
- Peas And Carrots Salad
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Garlicky Green Beans With Toasted Almonds
- Stuffed Tomatoes
- Roast Potatoes With Mint And Rosemary
- Sunny-Side Up Egg Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Oyster Crackers
- Lemon And Garlic Broccoli
- Crispy Kale And Quinoa
Peas And Carrots Salad
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve with clams for dinner, look no further than Peas and Carrots Salad. This vibrant salad is packed with nutrients, and the sweetness of the peas and carrots is a perfect complement to the subtle flavor of the clams.
Peas and Carrots Salad is also incredibly easy to make – simply mix together cooked peas and carrots, diced red onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and you’re done!
Tips when making Peas and Carrots Salad:
- You’ll want to make sure that the peas and carrots are both cooked before adding them to the salad. This will help to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
- Be sure to add the lemon juice and olive oil gradually, as too much can make the salad greasy.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is the perfect side dish for Clams For Dinner. It is rich and creamy, with a cheesy flavor that complements the clams perfectly. The casserole is also packed with nutrition, making it a healthy choice for dinner.
Tips when making broccoli cheese casserole:
- Be sure to use fresh broccoli, as frozen broccoli will not taste as good.
- Be careful not to overcook the broccoli, as it will become mushy and lose its flavor.
- Be sure to add plenty of cheese to the casserole, as this will really make it shine.
Garlicky Green Beans With Toasted Almonds
Garlicky Green Beans With Toasted Almonds is the perfect side dish for Clams For Dinner. The green beans are cooked in a garlic-infused olive oil, and the toasted almonds add a crunchy contrast. The result is a dish that is both healthy and delicious. The garlicky green beans complement the clams perfectly, and the toasted almonds add an extra layer of flavor.
Tips when making garlicky green beans with toasted almonds:
- First, it is important to blanch the green beans before adding them to the pan. This will help to preserve their color and flavor.
- Second, be sure to use fresh garlic for the best results.
- Finally, be careful not to overcook the green beans.
Stuffed tomatoes are a delicious and easy tomake side dish that goes great with clams for dinner. They are packed with flavor and have a nice, firm texture that compliments the tenderness of the clams. The best way to stuff a tomato is to first remove the core and then fill it with your favorite stuffing mix.
I like to use a mix of bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and herbs, but you can really use any combination of ingredients that you like. Once you’ve stuffed the tomatoes, simply bake them in the oven until they are nice and tender.
Tips when making stuffed tomatoes:
- First, make sure that your tomatoes are nice and ripe. Ripe tomatoes will be easier to stuff and will have more flavor.
- Second, don’t overstuff the tomatoes or they may burst during cooking. Just fill them until they are slightly mounded.
- And finally, if your stuffed tomatoes seem to be cooking too quickly, simply cover them with foil until they reach the desired level of doneness.
Roast Potatoes With Mint And Rosemary
Rosemary, mint and potatoes form a classic flavor combination that is delicious as a side dish for almost any main course. Roast potatoes with mint and Rosemary is an easy dish to prepare.
Simply toss cubed potatoes with olive oil, chopped Rosemary and mint, and roast in a hot oven until tender and golden brown. The result is a flavorful and elegant side dish that is sure to please.
Tips when making roast potatoes with mint and rosemary:
- Be careful not to overcook the potatoes; they should be cooked through but still firm to the bite.
- Make sure to use fresh Rosemary and mint; the dried herbs will not impart the same flavor.
- If you are serving this dish to young children or those with sensitive palates, you may want to omit the mint, as it can be quite strong.
Sunny-Side Up Egg Salad
When it comes to choosing the perfect side dish for Clams For Dinner, you can’t go wrong with Sunny-Side Up Egg Salad. This flavorful salad is made with fresh eggs, diced vegetables, and a tangy dressing – and it’s always served sunny-side up! The rich taste of the eggs pairs perfectly with the salty flavor of the clams, and the creamy texture of the salad complements the tender texture of the seafood.
Plus, Sunny-Side Up Egg Salad is incredibly easy to make. Just whisk together the eggs, diced vegetables, and dressing, and then cook sunny-side up in a skillet. In less than 10 minutes, you’ll have a delicious side dish that will take your Clams For Dinner to the next level!
Creamy Potato Salad
Creamy Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for Clams For Dinner. Its rich, creamy taste and smooth texture complement the light, delicate flavor of clams perfectly. And, because it’s so easy to make, you can have it on the table in no time at all.
Tips when making creamy potato salad:
- Be sure to use only the best potatoes – Yukon Golds or Russets are best – and cook them until they’re tender but still firm.
- Use real mayonnaise – not Miracle Whip or some other substitutes – for the creamiest, richest flavor.
- Add a little bit of acidity – vinegar or lemon juice – to balance out the flavors.
Oyster crackers are a type of small, round cracker that is typically made from flour, salt, and baking soda. The dough is then cut into small pieces and baked until golden brown. These crackers are often served as a side dish for soups and stews, as their bland flavor helps to complement the other dishes.
However, Oyster Crackers can also be a great side dish for Clams For Dinner. The salty flavor of the crackers pairs well with the tender clams, and the crunchy texture provides a nice contrast to the soft seafood. Additionally, the crackers help to absorb any excess moisture from the dish, preventing the Clams For Dinner from becoming waterlogged.
Tips when making or choosing oyster crackers:
- When choosing Oyster Crackers as a side dish for Clams For Dinner, be sure to select a brand that is low in sodium and free of artificial flavors or preservatives.
- You can also add a few herbs or spices to the crackers to give them an extra boost of flavor.
- Lastly, be sure to serve the Oyster Crackers in a separate bowl from the Clams For Dinner so that your guests can choose how many they would like to eat.
Lemon And Garlic Broccoli
When it comes to side dishes, I always like to keep it simple. That’s why I love Lemon And Garlic Broccoli. It’s quick and easy to make, and it goes with just about anything. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients and has a great flavor.
The key to making this dish is to not overcook the broccoli. You want it to be tender but still have a little bit of crunch. I also like to add a generous amount of garlic for flavor. If you’re looking for something heartier, you could try adding some cooked chicken or sausage.
Crispy Kale And Quinoa
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to accompany your clams for dinner, look no further than crispy kale and quinoa. This flavorful dish is packed with nutrients and provides a nice contrast in texture to the tender clams.
Plus, it’s super easy to make! Simply sauté some kale in olive oil until it’s nice and crispy, then stir in cooked quinoa and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and you’re good to go!
Tips when making crispy kale and quinoa:
- Be sure to drain the quinoa thoroughly before adding it to the pan, or else it will make the dish mushy.
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil – it really helps to bring out the flavor of the kale.
- If you want extra crunch, you can top the dish with chopped nuts or seeds before serving.
Related Questions When Choosing What Goes With Clams For Dinner
What are other options when choosing what goes with clams for dinner?
- Green Beans Almondine
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Mashed Potatoes
- Tossed Green Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Sourdough Bread
- Linguine Pasta
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Baguette
- Tomato Soup
- Deviled Eggs
- Farfalle Pasta
- Garlic Bread
- Creamed Spinach
- Broiled Salmon
- Roasted Asparagus With Lemon
How many clams do you need for two people?
Generally, you may prepare about 1 to 2 dozens of clams per person. This is an easy way to estimate how many clams you’ll need and make sure that everyone is satisfied.
How long do clams take to cook?
You’ll need about 5 to 7 minutes to cook clams on medium heat with the pot covered. Make sure to stir the clams occasionally so that each one can open up as they cook.
So there you have it! These are just a few of my favorite dishes to serve with clams for dinner. I hope you found this article helpful and that you’ll be able to easily choose what goes with clams for dinner the next time you’re planning a meal. Now, go ahead and experiment on your own and see what other delicious dishes you can come up with!