What To Serve With Cannoli Dip (25 Best Sides & Appetizers)
What to Serve With Cannoli Dip is a question that I am frequently asked. Many people want to know what the best appetizers and side dishes are to serve with this popular Italian dessert dip.
You can choose any appetizers or side dishes that you want to pair with your cannoli dip. However, there are a few that stand out as being especially delicious and perfect for the dip’s creamy, sweet flavor.
As a young girl, I always loved spending time in the kitchen with my mom. She was an incredible cook, and I loved learning all of her recipes. One of my favorite dishes to make with her was cannoli dip. It’s a dish that is always popular at parties, and it’s so easy to make!
My mom would always serve it with some delicious appetizers and side dishes. And now, I like to do the same thing, but I’m not that sure about what goes best with it. So I’ve asked around and did some research until I’ve finally come up with a list of what to serve with cannoli dip!
What To Serve With Cannoli Dip
- French Toast Sticks
- Waffle Sticks
- Pizzelle Cookies
- Banana Slices
- Wonton Wrappers
- Angel Food Cake
- Pound Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Animal Crackers
French Toast Sticks
French Toast Sticks are a delicious and easy way to enjoy French toast. They are made with sliced bread that is dipped in an egg and milk mixture, then fried until golden brown. The result is a crispy, fluffy piece of toast that is perfect for dipping in Cannoli Dip.
When choosing French Toast Sticks to serve with Cannoli Dip, it is important to consider both taste and texture. For the best results, look for toast that is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Additionally, be sure to choose a bread that will hold up well to dippings, such as brioche or challah. If you are looking for a lighter option, you can also use whole wheat bread.
Important things to note when choosing french toast sticks:
- Be sure to cook them long enough so that they are crispy on the outside but still soft in the middle.
- If you are using a sweeter bread like brioche, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar in the egg mixture.
- If you find that your toast is too dry or not crispy enough, you can try brushing them with melted butter before frying.
Waffle Sticks are the perfect pairing for Cannoli Dip. They are light and airy with a hint of sweetness that complements the rich, creamy flavors of the dip. The crispy texture of the waffles also provides a nice contrast to the smoothness of the dip.
Important things to note when choosing waffle sticks:
- Be sure to let the waffles cool completely before dipping them – otherwise, they will start to disintegrate in the dip.
- Be careful not to overload the waffles with dip – a little goes a long way.
- If you want to get creative, try sprinkling a little bit of cinnamon or chocolate on top of the Waffle Sticks before serving. This will give them an extra boost of flavor that is sure to please your guests.
There’s nothing like a good Pretzel to pair with Cannoli Dip. Pretzels are the perfect mix of salty and crunchy, making them the perfect vessel for scooping up creamy Cannoli Dip. Plus, the contrast of textures is sure to delight your guests’ taste buds.
Important things to note when choosing pretzels:
- Make sure to choose a Pretzel that is sturdy enough to stand up to scooping. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a soggy mess.
- Consider the flavor of the Pretzel. A sweeter Pretzel will complement the sweetness of the Cannoli Dip, while a saltier Pretzel will help balance out the flavors.
While Cannoli Dip is delicious on its own, I think it’s even better when paired with Pizzelle Cookies. They are light and crispy, with a delicate flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy Cannoli Dip. Additionally, the Pizzelle Cookie’s unique shape makes it easy to scoop up the dip.
Important things to note when choosing pizzelle cookies:
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before adding the dip. Otherwise, the heat from the cookies will melt the dip and you’ll end up with a mess.
- Be sure to use a good quality Cannoli Dip. The better the ingredients, the better the flavor.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a little bit of crushed peppermint or chocolate chips to the Cannoli Dip.
Most people think of fruit as a healthy snack option, but they often overlook the fact that some fruits can also be delicious desserts. Banana slices are a perfect example of this.
When thinly sliced and cooked until they are slightly browned, banana slices take on a whole new flavor profile. They become sweet and caramelized, with a texture that is similar to that of baked apples.
This makes them the perfect partner for cannoli dip, which is rich and creamy with a hint of cinnamon. The sweetness of the banana slices helps to balance out the richness of the cannoli dip, and the two flavors complement each other perfectly.
Important things to note when choosing banana slices:
- Use ripe bananas so that they will be sweet enough to offset the richness of the dip.
- Be sure to slice the bananas thinly so that they will cook evenly and not turn into mush.
- Cook the banana slices until they are browned but not burned, as this will give them the best flavor.
Wonton wrappers are the perfect partner for Cannoli Dip! They are light and crispy with a delicate flavor that won’t overpower the rich and creamy dip. Also, their small size makes them easy to pop in your mouth for a quick and satisfying snack.
Here are a few tips for getting the best results with wonton wrappers:
- To prevent them from sticking to the pan, brush them lightly with oil before cooking.
- To ensure that they are evenly cooked, flip them halfway through baking.
- For extra flavor, try sprinkling them with salt or dipping them in your favorite sauce before eating.
Angel Food Cake
Who doesn’t love a good Angel Food Cake? This classic dessert is light, fluffy, and airy – the perfect canvas for any number of flavor combinations.
When it comes to Cannoli Dip, Angel Food Cake is the perfect partner. The rich, creamy filling pairs perfectly with the light, spongy cake, and the contrast in textures is simply heavenly.
Important things to note when choosing angel food cake:
- Be sure to let the cake cool completely before adding the dip – otherwise, you’ll end up with a soggy mess.
- Cut the cake into bite-sized pieces for easy dipping.
Pound Cake is a classic dessert that has a rich, dense texture and a sweet, buttery flavor. It’s the perfect partner for Cannoli Dip, which is made with ricotta cheese, chocolate chips, and orange zest. The pound cake will soak up the creamy dip and the chocolate chips will add a touch of sweetness. The orange zest will add a zesty flavor.
Pound Cake is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. However, it’s important to not overmix the batter or the cake will be tough. It is also best served fresh and warm from the oven. If you have leftovers, you can reheat them in the microwave or a 350-degree oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect partner for Cannoli Dip. The sweet, rich flavor of the chocolate chips compliments the creamy, slightly tart flavor of the cannoli dip.
The cookies are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, providing a perfect contrast to the smooth texture of the dip. Additionally, they are also easy to make, and they can be made in advance so that they’re ready when you need them.
Important things to note when choosing chocolate chip cookies:
- Use good-quality chocolate chips – they will make a big difference in the flavor of the finished product.
- Don’t overbake the cookies – they should be just lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool completely before dipping them in the cannoli dip – otherwise, they will fall apart.
Cannoli Dip is best served with a crispy, sweet, and mildly flavored cracker. Animal Crackers fit this description to a T. The iconic crackers are made from wheat flour, sugar, and vegetable oil.
They have a light, airy texture and mild flavor that allows the taste of the Cannoli Dip to shine. Plus, their fun animal shapes make them perfect for dipping.
Important things to note when choosing animal crackers:
- Because they are so light, they can quickly become soggy. To avoid this, serve the dip on the side or in a separate bowl.
- The sugar in the crackers can cause the dip to harden if it is left out for too long. For best results, serve the dip immediately after making it.
Related Questions When Choosing What To Serve With Cannoli Dip
What are other options when choosing what to serve with cannoli dip?
- Cannoli Pastry Shells
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Cookie Wafers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Ice Cream Waffle Cones
- Sugar Cones
- Fresh Strawberries
- Apple Slices
- Cannoli Chips
- Cannoli Croutons
Does cannoli dip need to be refrigerated?
Yes, you need to refrigerate your cannoli dip because it has mascarpone and ricotta cheeses. When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, your cannoli dip may last for 3 to 5 days.
How long can cannolis be left out?
You can leave your cannoli dip at room temperature for a maximum of 2 hours only. It may be contaminated if you leave it out longer than that period.
So there you have it – everything you need to know about what to serve with Cannoli Dip. With these tips and options, you’ll be able to easily create a delicious and impressive dessert that everyone will love.
And don’t be afraid to experiment with other different flavors and textures – the possibilities are endless. With a little creativity, you can turn a lot of simple dishes into a show-stopping masterpiece!