25+ Best Side Dishes For Fried Pork Chops You’ll Love
There is nothing quite like a crispy, juicy pork chop. Whether you fry them up at home or order them at your favorite restaurant, they are always a delicious meal. But what side dishes should you serve with them? Here we will explore some recipes that pair perfectly with fried pork chops!
As a child, my family would often order fried pork chops from our favorite restaurant. I always loved dipping the crispy, salty meat into the delicious accompanying side dishes. My favorites were the mashed potatoes and gravy, but I also loved the green beans and carrots. I was always so excited when we ordered pork chops, and I would eagerly eat everything on my plate.
Now, as an adult, I still love fried pork chops. And I have come to appreciate side dishes that are a little more creative than the ones I ate as a child. Check out some of my favorite side dishes for fried pork chops!
Side Dishes For Fried Pork Chops
- Glazed Carrots
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Corn Pudding
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Dinner Rolls
- Deviled Eggs
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- French Onion Soup
Glazed carrots are a delicious and easy side dish that pairs well with fried pork chops. They are sweet and savory, with a slightly crunchy texture. I like to use baby carrots, as they cook evenly and don’t require much prep work.
Moreover, it’s so easy to make! All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Peel and slice the carrots into thin pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine the carrots with butter, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat until the carrots are tender and the glaze is thick and syrupy. Be careful not to overcook the carrots, as they will become mushy.
- Serve immediately.
Scalloped potatoes are the perfect side dish for fried pork chops. They have a creamy texture and a savory flavor that pairs well with the crispy pork chops.
The potatoes also absorb the flavors of the other ingredients in the dish, making them even more delicious. Additionally, scalloped potatoes are easy to make and can be made ahead of time, making them perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
However, one downside of scalloped potatoes is that they can be high in calories and fat. To make a healthier version, use skim milk and low-fat cheese. Also, be sure to use fresh or frozen potatoes instead of packaged ones.
Corn pudding is a silky, rich side dish that pairs perfectly with fried pork chops. The sweet corn flavor is enhanced by the addition of cream and eggs, and the pudding provides a lovely contrast to the crispy fried pork.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when making corn pudding:
- Be sure to use fresh, sweet corn for the best flavor.
- Add a bit of sugar to balance the savory flavors.
- Don’t overcook the pudding or it will be dry.
Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries are a great side dish for Fried Pork Chops. They have a slightly sweet taste and a crunchy texture. To achieve the best results, be sure to select sweet potatoes that are firm and free of blemishes.
Here are the easy steps that you can follow to make these savory sides:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the potatoes into uniform pieces, about one-half inch thick.
- Soak the potato wedges in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove any excess starch.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel and coat them with vegetable oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- For an added touch of flavor, sprinkle with sea salt or garlic powder before serving.
Cornbread is the perfect side dish for Fried Pork Chops. Its golden color and crispy texture complement the rich flavor of the pork, and its sweetness balances the salty seasoning of the chops.
Cornbread is best served warm, so be sure to heat it before serving. You can also add a little butter or honey to bring out the flavor. If you’re looking for a heartier option, try serving Cornbread with a green vegetable like sautéed spinach or roasted Brussels sprouts. And if you want to keep things simple, a lightly dressed salad is always a good choice.
Dinner rolls are small, round loaves of bread that are typically served as part of a meal. They’re soft and fluffy, with a slightly sweet flavor. This makes them a perfect pairing for the savory flavors of Fried pork chops.
Additionally, their small size makes them easy to eat alongside other side dishes. However, there are some things to bear in mind while serving dinner rolls:
- They should be served warm, straight out of the oven.
- They’re best enjoyed with butter or margarine.
- They can be paired with a variety of dipping sauces, such as honey mustard or barbecue sauce.
Deviled eggs are a delicious and easy side dish that can be made in minutes. They are perfect for pairing with Fried Pork Chops, as the creamy filling contrasts nicely with the crispy pork.
Deviled eggs are also a good source of protein, making them a healthy option for those watching their weight. The main drawback of deviled eggs is that they can be fairly high in calories, so it is important to limit portion sizes.
Moreover, when making deviled eggs, be sure to use fresh eggs for the best results. Also, don’t overcook the eggs, as this will make them difficult to peel. Finally, be creative with your fillings and toppings to give your deviled eggs a unique flair.
Mac N’ Cheese
Mac n’ cheese is the perfect side dish for your next pork chop dinner. This creamy, cheesy dish is packed with flavor and pairs perfectly with the crispy, juicy pork chops. Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when making mac n’ cheese:
- Be sure to use good-quality cheese for the best results.
- Adding a bit of cream or milk will make the dish even creamier and richer.
- Be careful not to overcook the pasta or the cheese will become rubbery.
Vegetable Fried Rice
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish to go with your fried pork chops, vegetable fried rice is a great option. Fried rice is traditionally made with white rice, but you can use brown rice as a healthier option.
To make the fried rice, simply sautee chopped vegetables in a little oil until they’re tender. Then add the cooked rice and continue to cook until the rice is crispy and golden brown. The final result is a tasty and nutritious side dish that’s sure to please everyone at the table.
When creating vegetable-fried rice, keep the following factors in mind:
- Be sure to use fresh vegetables for the best flavor.
- If you’re using brown rice, it will take longer to cook than white rice, so be patient and don’t overcook it.
- If you want to get creative, you can add some chopped fruit or nuts to the mix for an extra burst of flavor.
French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup is the perfect side dish for Fried Pork Chops. The soup is savory and hearty, with a rich flavor that pairs well with the chops. The soup is also relatively easy to make and can be made in advance and reheated before serving.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when making French Onion Soup:
- It’s important to use good-quality beef or chicken stock. This will give the soup its signature flavor.
- The onions should be cooked slowly over low heat to achieve the perfect sweetness.
- The soup can be garnished with shredded cheese and croutons for an extra bit of flavor and crunch.
Related Questions When Choosing Side Dishes For Fried Pork Chops
What are other options when choosing side dishes for fried pork chops?
- Cranberry Pecan Salad
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Fried Apples
- Mashed Potatoes
- Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole
- Wedge Salad With Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- Lemon-Roasted Asparagus
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Pepper-Parmesan Biscuits
- Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Vegetables With Pecan Crumble
- Skillet Dinner Rolls With Garlic-Herb Butter
- Brussels Sprouts Casserole
What are some tips when choosing side dishes for fried pork chops?
When choosing side dishes for fried pork chops, it’s important to think about the flavors and textures that will pair well with the dish. Some good options include creamy side dishes like mac n’ cheese or mashed potatoes, as well as crispy side dishes like French onion soup or fried apples.
It’s also important to keep in mind the different cooking times of side dishes so that everything is ready to serve at the same time. The side dishes you choose should complement the flavors of the pork chops and make for a delicious and satisfying meal.
There are a variety of delicious side dishes that pair well with fried pork chops. Whether you’re looking for something creamy, crispy, or healthy, there’s an option on this list that’s sure to please.
So next time you’re making fried pork chops, be sure to try one of these side dishes to complete your meal. Now, what are you waiting for? Go and try out some of these side dishes for yourself!