Many people are unsure what to serve with chicken croquettes. They may think that they are limited to serving a simple side dish of vegetables or potatoes. However, many other delicious recipes can be served as their side dish!
I was once in the same position as many people are when it comes to what to serve with chicken croquettes. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I defaulted to a simple side of steamed vegetables.
However, after trying some of the following recipes, I realized that there are many other delicious options for side dishes. Check these out!
What To Serve With Chicken Croquettes
- Braised Greens
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Fritto Misto
- Italian Salad
- Au Gratin Creamed Peas
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
- Mojo Picante
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
There are many reasons to choose braised greens as a side dish for chicken croquettes. For one, the greens provide a healthy and flavorful contrast to the heaviness of the croquettes. The greens also add color and visual interest to the plate, making it more appetizing.
Additionally, the greens can help to balance out the richness of the croquettes, making them more enjoyable to eat. Braised greens are versatile and can be used with a variety of recipes. They pair well with other hearty dishes, such as roasted meats or pasta dishes. However, they can also be used as a light and refreshing side dish for lighter fare, such as fish or salad.
Hollandaise sauce is a delicious and versatile side dish for chicken croquettes for several reasons.
- First, the sauce helps to keep the croquettes moist, preventing them from drying out during cooking.
- Second, the sauce adds a rich and creamy flavor that complements the Chicken nicely.
- Third, the sauce can be used as a dipping sauce for the croquettes, adding an extra layer of flavor.
- Fourth, hollandaise sauce is relatively easy to prepare, making it a great option for busy cooks.
- Finally, the sauce can be made in advance and refrigerated until needed, making it even more convenient.
Sauerkraut is a dish of chopped cabbage that has been fermented by various lactic acid bacteria. It is a German dish that has become popular in many other countries and regions, including the United States.
Sauerkraut is often served as a side dish, but it can also be used as an ingredient in many recipes. Sauerkraut is rich in vitamins and minerals, and it also contains probiotics, which are beneficial for gut health.
Sauerkraut pairs well with chicken croquettes, and it can also be used in other recipes such as burgers, salads, and soups. When shopping for sauerkraut, look for brands that use traditional fermentation methods and do not add preservatives or artificial flavors.
Many side dishes can be used for chicken croquettes, but one of the best is fritto misto. This dish is a mix of fried vegetables and meats, typically including items like zucchini, eggplant, shrimp, and scallops.
The benefits of using fritto misto as a side dish for chicken croquettes are numerous.
- First, the fried vegetables add a crunchy texture that pairs well with the crispy exterior of the croquettes.
- Second, the mix of colors and flavors creates an impressive presentation that will impress your guests.
- Lastly, the dish is relatively easy to prepare and can be cooked in advance, making it an ideal choice for busy hosts.
When choosing a recipe for fritto misto, look for one that includes a variety of vegetables and proteins to create a well-rounded dish. For example, this recipe for fritto misto with shrimp, scallops, and zucchini is a perfect pairing for chicken croquettes. The richness of the seafood pairs nicely with the lightness of the croquettes, while the zucchini adds a touch of sweetness and color.
Italian salad is a zesty and flavorful side dish that can bring new life to any recipe. Here are some cases where you can use this side dish:
- As light and healthy option for chicken croquettes: The salad provides a crunchy contrast to the smooth and creamy croquettes.
- As a party dish or appetizer: Italian salad is always a hit at potlucks and gatherings. It’s also easy to make ahead of time.
- As a side dish for grilled or roasted chicken: The acidity in the dressing helps to balance out the rich flavor of grilled meats.
- As a pasta salad: This is a great way to use up leftover pasta, vegetables, and cheese. Simply toss everything together with the dressing of your choice.
The benefits of using Italian salad as a side dish are many.
- First, it is relatively low in calories and fat.
- Second, it is high in fiber and antioxidants.
- Third, it is extremely versatile and can be used with a variety of recipes.
- Finally, it is easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
Au Gratin Creamed Peas
Au gratin creamed peas are a versatile and delicious side dish that can be used in a variety of recipes. They are packed with nutrients, making them an ideal choice for those looking for a healthy option. Additionally, they are relatively easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time, making them perfect for busy weeknights.
When choosing a recipe to pair with au gratin creamed peas, consider something that will compliment their flavor profile. For example, chicken croquettes are a hearty main dish that pairs well with the creamy texture of the peas. Au gratin creamed peas can also be used as a base for other recipes, such as shepherd’s pie or vegetable casserole.
Halloumi is a delicious cheese that originates from Cyprus. It is made from a blend of sheep and goat’s milk and has a firm, slightly rubbery texture.
Halloumi is a great side dish for chicken croquettes, as it pairs well with the crispy exterior and moist, flavorful interior of the croquettes. Halloumi is also a good choice because it holds its shape when grilled or fried, making it easy to create a beautiful presentation.
Additionally, halloumi has a high melting point, so it won’t turn into a gooey mess if your croquettes are served on the hottest summer day. Finally, halloumi has a mild flavor that won’t overshadow the taste of your chicken croquettes. Halloumi is truly the perfect side dish for this delicious dish!
Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
Bacon-wrapped green beans are a delicious and easy way to dress up any dish. They can be used as a side dish for chicken croquettes or served as an appetizer or main course. The bacon adds a smoky flavor and the green beans are a healthy and flavorful addition to any meal.
There are many benefits to using bacon-wrapped green beans as a side dish. One is that the bacon provides a rich flavor that complements the chicken, and the green beans add color and nutrients.
This side dish is also very easy to prepare and can be made in advance. The bacon can be cooked ahead of time and the green beans can be quickly blanched before being wrapped in bacon. This makes it a great option for busy weeknights or entertaining guests.
Bacon-wrapped green beans are also a versatile side dish that can be paired with many different recipes. They go well with other classic side dishes such as mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables. Or, they can be served as an appetizer with dipping sauces such as ranch dressing or BBQ sauce.
There are many reasons to choose Mojo Picante as a side dish for chicken croquettes. For one, it is an excellent source of nutrients, providing a good amount of vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and iron.
Additionally, Mojo Picante is very low in calories and fat, making it a healthier option than many other side dishes. Plus, the bright color and flavorful taste of Mojo Picante can help to liven up any dish, adding a touch of excitement to an otherwise ordinary meal.
And finally, Mojo Picante is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes, from simple dipping sauces to elaborate main courses.
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
You can use this side dish as a light, refreshing salad to accompany chicken croquettes. The shaved Brussel sprouts in the salad add a crunchy texture and a slight bitterness that offsets the richness of the chicken croquettes.
The salad also provides a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, making it a suitable side dish for those looking to eat a balanced meal. Because the salad is relatively simple to make, it can be easily tailored to suit your taste. For example, you could add diced apple or cranberries for sweetness, or walnuts or Parmesan cheese for extra savoriness.
Commonly Asked Questions When Choosing What To Serve With Chicken Croquettes
What are other options when choosing what to serve with chicken croquettes?
- Chicken Gravy
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Oven-Roasted Crab Cakes
- Green Bean Salad
- Bechamel Sauce
- baked Beans
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Spring Vegetables
- Buttered Egg Noodles
What are some tips when choosing what to serve with chicken croquettes?
There are many factors to consider when choosing what to serve with chicken croquettes.
- The first is what type of flavors you want to include in your dish. Do you want something light and refreshing, or rich and savory?
- Second, consider the texture of the side dish. Would you prefer something crunchy, like a salad, or creamy, like mashed potatoes?
- Third, think about how the side dish will complement the flavors of the chicken croquettes. Do you want something that will highlight the sweetness of the chicken, or contrast it with a more savory flavor?
- And finally, consider your personal preferences and what you think would taste best.
The side dishes we’ve shared with you today are all excellent choices for accompanying chicken croquettes. They provide a variety of flavors and textures, and they’re all packed with nutrients.
So no matter what your taste preferences may be, or what you’re in the mood for, we have the perfect side dish for you. Now, go ahead and give them a try! I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.